CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Time of year for Pickling

On Saturday of the Long Weekend me and my girlfriends got together and did some pickling, as mentioned in my welcome note, this is one of my hobbies that I LOVE to do.  It was a long day but we got it all done and now we can't wait to eat the end result...
Cucs
Carrots - home grown
Beans - home grown
Dill - home grown
Garlic
Me with the brine
Kate's Grandma packing a jar
Cindy, Kate & Kate's Grandma
Jelly - Red Pepper and Garlic
Jars Completed
The rest
It was a great day, and all the home grown product was from Kate and her garden.  It was great to help her get her produce out of the garden and us some jars.  But next year I will be planting my own garden as the back deck has now been put on and with Kate going to have a new little one, I don't think she will have much time to tend to a garden.  But we will definatly make sure she has some jars when we do, do the pickling.
My brain is running, faster and faster and I just can't figure out what I all want to plant in my garden.  As next year will be my first year having a garden since I was a little girl and I can't wait to see if I really have a green thumb or not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment