CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Quilt Ladder

With busy working on my kitchen I took a few days off (which I am now kicking myself).  One day was just a me day and the other was doing a quilt Ladder that I have been wanting for ever.

I took a class at Rustic Ranch which is located just outside if Airdrie AB Canada.  So I got my ladder - they were pre-made for us (thank you).  I picked my colours which was Cannon Ball (black) & Purple Mountain, I want something different and not the norm that most people do.

So the first step is to clean, wipe down and make sure there are no nicks as this is being used to hold beautiful quilts.

Then you take your paint that you want as a base.  Mine is Cannon Ball.  Now go and paint away.  Make sure you get everything covered.

Once dry do the other colour, mine is purple.  Now the trick on this is how much work do you want to do to distress the piece.  The more (heavier) you put on the more work you will have to do to bring the base colour through.

Once that is dry then you start the distressing process - have fun.  By the time I was done I totally thought that my arm was going to fall off & I did not cover it that much.

Then you must pick a wax... you can go dark or clear. We had a sample piece that we tried the two different wax too.  I eventually chose the clear.  Well you wax the piece then wait for it to dry and buff it.

You can't put anything on it till the axis cured which by label is 30 days... I might wait a week or 2.


Have a great day