CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tis the Season & SSCS2011

Well I have been in hiding - well not really.  I have been working on Tis the Season from Stitch-A-Long.  I started this when it first was posted on the blog.  But I left it in back as I thought I would have plenty of time to get it done...While Camping at the end of August I started doing my stitchery for this project... By September 5, I finally had 3 blocks completed.  Once I completed these 3 blocks the rest just seemed to come into place.  And before I knew it the top was done - with a stop at 3 shops. 2 were for the DMC Floss and 1 was for the backing.

The fabric that I used was Fruitcake - I love this fabric and I think it was a nice choice.



Here are the first 3 blocks that I did.  I did all the green block first as I thought it would be easier on me and my mind to do one colour at a time - until I ran out of DMC and then I had to switch.



Then I finished the next 6 blocks and put the border on.

Then I tried my hand again at Quilting this myself... Seeing how I only know how to do crisscross that is what I did here.



I have made the binding but it is not on yet, for a few reasons 1. My wrist has started acting up again so I have taken sometime off the sewing.  2. my son dumped my Best Press on my floor in the sewing room (now I have a starched floor by my cutting table) while I was taking a break from my sewing room.  Yes he knows that he is not allowed in there.

***side note***I have been blog jumping to see some of the gals that are in the SSCS2011 so if you see me there, I am just visiting and see what you are all about...

Till Next Time,
Shauna

2 comments:

Chookyblue......

oh your going so well with your TTS Sal.......not long til the end now........go for it........

glad your enjoying the SSCS blog girls.........

Ulla's Quilt World

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)

Post a Comment