CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gone to Texas

Well I have decided to push through the trench of TRIANGLES and get myself all caught up before the Girls Gang meets on Wednesday.  So while working on my Raggedy & Friends BOM the instructions show you a different way to do TRIANGLES....  This is the same way my girlfriend showed me how she is doing triagles for a quilt that she is working on.  I think she refered to it as Flying Geese and this works with out changing any of the calcuations that in the book.... GREAT sew excited.
Flying Geese
How you do this take your 2 squares that you want to make into triangles.  Put the right sides together and on the lighter of the material make a line from corner to corner.  Once you have done this sew the 1/4 seam on both sides of the line and then cut - Perfect Triangles...

With that all figured out I am all caught up - well to August I just have to cut that material and piece together.  wow I feel that I have accomplished a lot yesterday.  I am very excited about Wednesday Club meeting and show off my completed blocks - Still not perfect triangles but they are what I can do....

0 comments:

Post a Comment