CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

For a Friend

This year I made a gift for a dear friend and neighbour down the road. She is always there when you need her with out hesitation or whining. When hubby broke his ankle this fall she was there when needed either to drive Hubby somewhere or to watch Roy while I took Hubby.

So awhile back we were having a visit and she mentioned that she would like a green quilt one day… So I began to work on a quilt, well of course that did not work out in my favour just like the first try of everything…So I went back to the Quilt Shop – Traditional Pastimes.  I got some great information on how to cut the material to get the most out of it as it was just and I mean just enough to do the sashing for this quilt.  They suggested cutting crosswise – well I have never cut this before – WOW that was so easy to do for the sashing, will be keeping it in mind for next time I have to do sashing.  I like the quilt so much I might make myself another one but with other colours.



This quilt is made with Ty Pennington’s fabric http://typenningtonfabrics.com/the-fabric-2010.  I am very excited to see if my LQS shop gets in the new fabric.  It looks great and can’t wait to make something with it.

Till Next Time,
Shauna

2 comments:

Chookyblue......

lovely quilt........

Chocolate Cat

What a lovely thing to do for your neighbor. I love the fabric!

Post a Comment